Behavioral Health Assistant (BHA)
Curry Community Health is looking to hire a Behavioral Health Assistant (BHA) to work in Curry County Oregon, located in a beautiful community on the Southern Oregon Coast. This is a full time position offering health benefits (medical, dental, vision), holiday pay, paid time off as well as life insurance, Life Flight membership and 403(b) retirement.
The priority of this position is to manage scheduling, provide support to clinical staff, confirm individual’s insurance, and to conduct appointment reminder calls. The Behavioral Health Assistant (BHA) provides support to the Mental Health Therapists, Behavioral Health Supervisors, and Psychiatric Providers as directed. The BHA will also provide backup for reception staff who are on PTO and/or if there is an open reception position
Some Responsibilities include:
1. Complete appointment reminder calls for assigned individuals at least one day prior to the appointment.
2. Verify all forms of insurance.
3. Check all documentation requirements (assessment and service plan) are current prior to appointments.
4. Complete both internal and external reports as assigned; this includes but is not limited to EHR schedules, productivity reports, etc.
5. Provide support to Psychiatric Providers.
6. Assist clinical providers by managing scheduling needs, and doing client outreach by phone or mail.
7. Assist individuals with Sliding Fee Scale Applications and scheduling issues.
8. Schedule Child Welfare CANS and assessments.
9. Approve and route mental health referrals, ensuring there is a current assessment, service plan and insurance.
Work Location: Office location in either Gold Beach or Brookings depending upon their assigned area.
- High School diploma or equivalent; advanced computer training, minimum two (2) years’ experience in secretarial or clerical position, and/or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which would demonstrate the ability to perform the above described duties.
- Ability to handle all situations courteously and must be able to work through frequent interruptions and perform several duties at once.
- Must have knowledge of: medical terminology, procedures for maintaining a clean, healthful and pleasant environment, health care ethics, confidentiality and record keeping.
- Has the ability to effectively use a computer including use of software programs (e.g.; Microsoft word, Excel), email, EMR’s and Internet.
- Must possess a current Oregon driver’s license, pass a pre-employment drug test, and pass the criminal background check required by the State of Oregon.
Pay Range: $16.00 to $22.00 per hour
For more information contact HR: email@example.com